Friday, June 5, 2009

Fresh New Artists


"Untitled" by Natalie Strussione is lovely acrylic painting on canvas.

"Skull" by Kris Schaeding reminded my of some of Damien Hirst earlier work. This piece is consists of mixed media, and includes the use of cut up oil paintings, gouache, and charcoal leading to some rather interesting effects. In my opinion the choice of color by the artist was very well thought out and executed with a great amount of skill.



"Abuse of Power" by Chad L. Davis uses mixed media on wood. The natural effects of the knotted wood leave what appear to be bullet holes in the Kings head. To me this symbolises the mortality of all men and reminds us the with power comes the responsibility of restraining its use. Those who abuse power always seem to suffer an untimely demise.



"Mirrored" a series in Lithograph with watercolor by Alesha Beistline. I especially like the version which made use of pastel watercolors adding a pop art feel to this Lithograph series.

Eric Heatly's "Portrait #2" depicts six different images in Lithograph and watercolor. I enjoy the transitions between light and dark. The use of positive and negative space in these Lithographs is extraordinary.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I know all these artists. In fact I am one of the artists! Thanks for making my day :)

    ReplyDelete